Fortive Corporation Quality Technician in Wilmington, North Carolina
The position is with Specialty Product Technologies (SPT). SPT manufactures and markets products that sense, measure and control temperature, position, quantity, time, level and flow in the Process Automation and Factory Automation Markets. The Specialty Product Technologies business unit generates approximately $100m in revenue combined with significant operating profit. With two locations; Elizabethtown NC (approximately 60 minutes from Wilmington NC suburbs) and Plainville CT (approximately 20 minutes from Hartford, CT), the business unit has more than 350 associates performing marketing, sales, product development, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain management, human resources, finance and customer service activities. The business is comprised of a variety of product lines under industry recognized brand names including Veeder Root, Eagle Signal, Namco, Dolan Jenner, Joslyn Clark, Superior Electric, Thomson, Hecon, and Partlow. The markets served include electronic timers and counters, mechanical times and counters, voltage control components, variable transformers, thermoplastic bearings, safety light curtains, proximity sensors, fire pump controllers, limit switches and chart recorders.
Position Summary :
Inspect, test, sort, sample, or weigh raw materials or processed, machined, fabricated, or assembled parts or products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications within the Namco product line. May use precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment. Support quality department with administrative support, dimensional studies, and gage/fixture studies. Other additional duties as assigned.
• Measure parts and final assemblies using various gages (calipers, micrometers, height gages, thread gages, ring gages, comparator, CMM, vision system)
• Update and maintain first article documentation.
• Perform gauge R&R studies to certify new gauges.
• Assists engineers with qualification and validation studies, including PPAP’s, & reports by collecting, compiling, measuring, organizing, and recording data and by writing procedures.
• Disposition non-conforming material by utilizing quality tools and Danaher manufacturing processes and procedures.
• Write, update and improve quality procedures including development of visual aids.
• Analyze and interpret blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
• Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
• Continuously take the initiative to seek and improve processes by utilizing the DBS tools.
• Other duties as assigned within Namco or within another product lines as business demands.
Associate's Degree and 3-5 years of related work experience or equivalent combination.
Previous application of quality tools to include a variety of hand inspection tools, comparators, CMM, and vision system.
Familiarity and understanding of the basic principles of statistical process control (SPC) and control charts
Ability to be independently organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
Must be able to work independently as a problem solver with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Previous experience with performing PPAP’s
Basic knowledge of AIAG Manual, Blueprint reading, basic knowledge of GD&T plus
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and the ability to learn new software programs.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Job: Manufacturing / Operations
Primary Location: North America-United States-NC-Elizabethtown
Other Locations: North America-United States-NC-Wilmington, North America-United States-North Carolina, North America-United States-NC-Fayetteville
Organization: Specialty Products
EEO Statement: "The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a ""Fortive Company."" Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."
Req ID: SPE000159