Comrise Inc. Process Technician II in Wilmington, North Carolina
Description: Job Title – Process Tech II
Schedule - Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
• The Process Tech will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, adjusting system parameters of the pollution abatement systems, which includes baghouses, scrubbers, and neutralization unit operations. Techs also direct the work of trades when repairs are needed.
• Tech is also responsible for maintaining inventory levels of several bulk gasses.
• Involvement in projects that will affect pollution abatement or raw material usage/storage is also required.
Top 3-5 Technical Skills Needed
• Ability to understand chemical unit operation systems and how they work. Systems include equipment and components like fans, pumps, pressurized cylinders, cryogenic gasses, valves, check valves, and regulators.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex systems.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
• Computer literate in excel, word and other Microsoft products
• Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in an industrial setting.
2 year degree is a nice to have, not required
Estimated Duration for Position
• 2 years
• 7am-5pm – minimal travel
• Scheduled off hours support and weekend support required
• Safety shoes – over the ankle
• Safety Glasses
• Full Face Respirator and associated medical documentation and fit testing, expected to only be used around 20-30 hours over the course of a full year
• Hearing Protection – contract agency needs to provide for annual hearing testing (but we would provide the actual PPE)
Equipment to be used in the position
• Distributive Controls system (DCS) contains archived information and trending capability. This is the main troubleshooting tool.
External Company Name: Comrise Technology
External Company URL: www.comrise.com